- a wedding invitation dated 1891
- a commencement week program dated 1892
- four whole years of The Etude music magazine, 1909-1912
- a book of postcard views from the 1893 Colombian Exposition (Chicago World's Fair)
- a lovely silk taffeta parasol
- several late-1800s textbooks
- Valentine's day cards from the late 1800s
- the original shutters to the house
- several replacement slates for the roof--those will come in handy someday!
- several "liniment" bottles
- numerous old picture frames, some with pictures in, some empty
- a lovely cast-iron (read: HEAVY) fireplace screen
But wait, there's more! Also of note: the original outhouse still stands to the northwest of the house (it's a two-seater). And the wooden clapboard siding is reputed to be hiding out underneath the steel siding that's currently there.
We love this house. We seriously do.