Saturday, March 01, 2008

Afterglow--sweet, sweet afterglow

I decided to rip up my dining room carpet today. Anyone with an old house knows that, when you're about to embark on a project such as this, you have to hope for the best but mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for the worst.
The upstairs hallway had proven to be a pleasant surprise--the floors were in great condition under the carpet--and I sure hoped the dining room would be the same. As Dirty Harry would say, I felt lucky. ;)
Here's what I started with...



































And HERE'S what I found underneath. Happy, happy, happy.





















5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a transformation! They look in really good shape, too!

Mark said...

Those floors are lovely. You must be very pleased.

Anonymous said...

oh god, that's beautiful

Sandy said...

Awesome!

Omar said...

Looks great! I'm sure you were relieved..