Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My house in 1884

I have started to go through some of the pictures, letters, papers, etc., that the previous owners brought up (see "suitcase full of goodies" post from....last year, maybe?)


One of the pictures in particular is pretty cool, so I thought I'd share it. Compare it to the "now" picture at the top of my blog. :) Nifty, eh? I still have the original shutters and they will be going back onto the house at some point after I get that doggoned steel siding pulled off. Maybe that will be on the 2009 resolution list....


Anyhoo, here's the picture!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Neat! How cool to have a picture of your house from that long ago.

Jen said...

Who's the lady in black out front?

Sandy said...

Awesome!

G said...

She's the widow of the man who built the house. Her adopted daughter is standing off to the left of the picture.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the windows were 2 over 2, but I think you said that you bought 6 over 6 replacements... I too am in the process of renovating/restoring an 1830's farmhouse that we bought in August of 2005. Spooky to find your blog and see some of the parallels ;-)

Good luck, and don't ever give up!