Our spring project list just keeps on a growing....
- rebuild chimney from attic up
- replace a few slates here and there in the roof
- scrape, prime, and paint the gutters and downspouts
- scrape, prime, and paint window/door sills and frames
- install new, true divided light 6-over-6 wooden windows (what we have now are baaaaad aluminum replacements from the '60s) and storms...this is likely to be a multiyear project as we won't be able to afford them all at once...maybe one or two at a time if we're lucky and win the lottery
- pull off the steel siding, one wall at a time, and scrape, prime, and paint the clapboard underneath
- start patching plaster
- fix the questionable joist under the kitchen
- repoint the foundation in spots
- pull up carpet
- pull down wallpaper
- gather items that will be going to auction
- add on a bathroom/laundry room combination
I'm a little freaked out just looking at the list, but if we do it bit by bit we'll be OK. I hope.