Monday, August 01, 2005

So here we are

I never, ever (ever) thought I'd be a blogger. But here I am, blogging. Maybe it's because I finally feel like I have something worth blogging about! It's our new old house. We bought it in July of this year after lots of looking for something of its type. You see, we wanted a project house...something we could live in while rehabilitating it. We're not restoring it to a particular period, because we still need to be able to live in it, and I'll admit it--I'm not into cooking with wood. Nor am I into going outside to use the toilet, although the original outhouse came with the property.

Rehabilitation means that we're bringing it up to code while doing as absolutely little damage as possible. We'll rewire, do some plumbing updates, and update the HVAC system that was installed in the 40s (and which has not been changed since). Other than that, we'll make changes that are sympathetic and in keeping with the style of the house.

Well, that's it. I've blogged. Catch you later!

No comments: