If you are an independently wealthy person and would like to contribute funds either to the wish list or to help us move projects along, I don't think we'd turn you down. This is going to be one expensive endeavor! Perhaps we should implement an "adopt a clapboard" program. Hmmmm.
The wish list.
- Good plastering tools
- Some supplier within 30 miles who carries Type S hydrated lime so I can make lime putty for said plaster and for mortar
- Insulation for the attic
- A tractor so our neighbor no longer has to mow our lawn (thank you just doesn't cover it...we have awesome neighbors!)
- Silent paint remover
- Good quality paint scrapers
- Refills for our respirators
- Tyvek suits
- Tons of 5ml or higher plastic
- New old windows (or custom new wood windows, but prefer old wood if we can find some)
- A hot water radiator heating system
- A clawfoot tub
The (partial) project list, not necessarily in this order
- Replace windows (aluminum replacements) with good-quality historic windows, if we can find them, or well-constructed wooden replacements
- Scrape and repaint (maybe, or shellac, depending on what our paint analysis shows) trim, doors, and windows
- Patch holes in plaster left by electrical crew
- Expand one-time porch (now utility room/bathroom) and add second story to whole thing to create master bath (and closet?) for upstairs
- Pull up carpet wherever it is found
- Kitchen—I don't even have a clue what to say here other than "kitchen"
- Remove wallpaper and either paint or re-paper
- Strip steel siding from exterior, then scrape and paint clapboard that is hidden underneath